An underwater photographer recently published a video with footage of the freighter Daniel J. Morrell, that sank in 1966, and other shipwrecks in Lake Huron. Read the full story by Great Lakes Echo.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Keeping carp out of the Great Lakes: Who pays?
- Former Michigan congressman Vern Ehlers dies at 83
- Researchers search for clues to toxic algae blooms
- COMMENTARY: Stop Asian carp for good
- What’s going on with Lake Michigan’s water levels?
- Permits sought to protect homes from Lake Michigan dune
- Toxic algae that shut down Toledo’s water system found in Milwaukee park lagoon
- Lake Erie water temperature 6 degrees cooler than last year
- St. Lawrence Seaway cargo shipments up 18 percent in first half of season
- Great Lakes scientists defend federal spending on research
- Ever heard of a sanctuary for shipwrecks? Michigan has one, and it’s preserving around 200 ships
- EDITORIAL: Corps’ report a good starting point for Great Lakes