Offshore Wind Energy - Understanding Impacts on Great Lakes Fishery Workshop
Date: November 28-29, 2012
Location: NOAA Great Lakes
Environmental Research Laboratory
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Overview click for pdf
Participants at this workshop will:
- Share scientific and related policy and management information about the known aquatic resource impacts of offshore wind farms,
- Hear from experts who work on Lake Vanern (the world's first freshwater offshore wind farm in Sweden) and the Egmond aan Zee wind farm off the coast of the Netherlands,
- Clarify the key environmental impact questions related to offshore wind in the Great Lakes, and
- Identify knowledge gaps and priority areas for future research.
Final Agenda click for pdf
Who Should Attend?
- Great Lakes state and provincial coastal and fishery resource managers and regulators,
- Fishery researchers and offshore wind energy developers,
- State energy regulators,
- Federal agencies with an interest or authority pertaining to offshore wind siting, and
- Representatives of coastal communities that are considering offshore wind projects.
Our "Great Lakes Commission" room block at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Ann Arbor has expired. However, rooms at the special rate may be still available; Call Debi Bleecher at 734-827-2510 for more information. Other hotels in the area can be found on the Great Lakes Commission directions webpage.
Save money on registration and get recognized at our event!
There are a variety of benefits at four levels of sponsorship. See the sponsorship form for more details.
Click here to download sponsorship form
Click here to register now!
Thank you to our sponsors