Patches of bare metal larger than dinner plates are visible in photos of protective coating gaps on Enbridge Line 5 submitted to the state of Michigan this weekend. The photos are part of an initial report demanded by state officials who have noticeably soured on the controversial oil pipeline under the Straits of Mackinac. Read the full story by MLive.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- ‘Tiny trash’ a big problem for Canada’s shorelines
- What killed these fish?
- County signs on to harbor dredging plan
- Minnesota regulators turn down tribal request that could delay Enbridge pipeline project
- Native commercial fishing agreement renewed
- Apostle Island Ice Caves unlikely to open this year
- New book traces the history of Lake Superior, a tale of exploitation, recovery, and resiliency
- Distillery turns booze into food – fish food
- EDITORIAL: Plotting the canal’s future
- The caribou catchers: Inside the operation to save ‘ghosts of the woods’ from hungry wolves
- COMMENTARY: Indiana’s Lake Michigan beaches belong to everyone
- Flint’s most vulnerable deeply mistrust tap water, are unclear on filters and lead testing, survey reveals