Artist Alexis Rockman depicts his vision of the Great Lakes in a series of paintings that are as fascinating as they are disturbing. The paintings measure 6 feet by 12 feet, and include science-fiction-like representations of water, animals, and man-made threats. Read the full story by WBUR – Boston, MA.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- ‘Tiny trash’ a big problem for Canada’s shorelines
- What killed these fish?
- County signs on to harbor dredging plan
- Minnesota regulators turn down tribal request that could delay Enbridge pipeline project
- Native commercial fishing agreement renewed
- Apostle Island Ice Caves unlikely to open this year
- New book traces the history of Lake Superior, a tale of exploitation, recovery, and resiliency
- Distillery turns booze into food – fish food
- EDITORIAL: Plotting the canal’s future
- The caribou catchers: Inside the operation to save ‘ghosts of the woods’ from hungry wolves
- COMMENTARY: Indiana’s Lake Michigan beaches belong to everyone
- Flint’s most vulnerable deeply mistrust tap water, are unclear on filters and lead testing, survey reveals