Ohio Senator Rob Portman says the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative needs full funding because the challenges facing the Great Lakes are constantly evolving. Lake Erie’s shallow water and warmer temperatures, he notes, have made the lake the most biologically productive of the Great Lakes, but have also attracted invasive species. Read the full story by the Toledo Blade.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- ‘Tiny trash’ a big problem for Canada’s shorelines
- What killed these fish?
- County signs on to harbor dredging plan
- Minnesota regulators turn down tribal request that could delay Enbridge pipeline project
- Native commercial fishing agreement renewed
- Apostle Island Ice Caves unlikely to open this year
- New book traces the history of Lake Superior, a tale of exploitation, recovery, and resiliency
- Distillery turns booze into food – fish food
- EDITORIAL: Plotting the canal’s future
- The caribou catchers: Inside the operation to save ‘ghosts of the woods’ from hungry wolves
- COMMENTARY: Indiana’s Lake Michigan beaches belong to everyone
- Flint’s most vulnerable deeply mistrust tap water, are unclear on filters and lead testing, survey reveals