Almost a year after Lake Ontario’s waters rose to their highest level on record, New York’s Niagara County is finally getting some reimbursements through the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Read the full story by the Niagara Gazette.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Democrat criticizes EPA over access to water summit
- No flooding this year, but Lake Ontario is still high
- Turtle recovery efforts slow and steady
- What happened to Northwest Flight 2501? Shipwreck hunters resume search
- Ship that landed on D-Day, then hauled autos, now a museum in Muskegon
- Chicago beaches open Friday, but is Lake Michigan clean enough to swim in?
- Asian carp managers issue action plan for 2018
- Scientists say mussels carpet Lake Michigan bottom
- Emergency order formally bans dropping anchor in Straits of Mackinac
- Judge says he may back away from Lake Erie algae lawsuit
- First petroleum shipments in a decade leave Port of Milwaukee this spring, raising concerns
- Scientists on the hunt for blood-sucking sea lampreys in metro Detroit