Almost a year after Lake Ontario’s waters rose to their highest level on record, New York’s Niagara County is finally getting some reimbursements through the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Read the full story by the Niagara Gazette.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- What happens when humans fall in love with an invasive species
- Algae is ugly: Why Lake Erie anglers avoid harmful algal blooms
- COMMENTARY: Time’s running out from stopping Asian carp from invading our Great Lakes
- Coast Guard names Straits of Mackinac “no anchor zone”
- Collins Park Water Treatment Plant upgrades on schedule
- Mystery of Lake Erie’s oldest shipwreck is solved
- Mackinac ferry owner: Why didn’t rough September weather shut Line 5?
- Land conservancies protect areas across state
- Female surf community growing on Great Lakes
- Great Lakes cargo down for U.S. ships
- DEC stocking thousands of threatened lake sturgeon in NY waters this month
- PFAS-tainted foam ‘getting worse’ in waters near former Wurtsmith base