Ohio Gov. John Kasich found himself in some hot water after saying in a recent speech that he doesn’t believe Lake Erie is impaired, contradicting a declaration from his own Environmental Protection Agency in March. Now Kasich is clarifying those comments. Read the full story by WOSU Public Media.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Funding awarded to help control Great Lakes runoff
- Evanston says Skokie has ‘no fundamental right to Lake Michigan water,’ moves to dismiss federal lawsuit
- Indiana Dunes National Park advocates undeterred by Trump administration opposition
- Pre-hearing conference set for challenge to Great Lakes water diversion for Foxconn
- 18 Mile Creek residents call on EPA for health study
- Can the Great Lakes continue to fend off an increasingly thirsty world?
- Drinking water monitoring network returns to action
- Port Huron Float Down’s storied history
- Great Lakes shipping on par with 2017
- Cargo traffic through seaway up this year
- Norgoma volunteers implore City Council to save their ship
- Your takeout meal might be harming the Great Lakes