Ohio Gov. John Kasich found himself in some hot water after saying in a recent speech that he doesn’t believe Lake Erie is impaired, contradicting a declaration from his own Environmental Protection Agency in March. Now Kasich is clarifying those comments. Read the full story by WOSU Public Media.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- What happens when humans fall in love with an invasive species
- Algae is ugly: Why Lake Erie anglers avoid harmful algal blooms
- COMMENTARY: Time’s running out from stopping Asian carp from invading our Great Lakes
- Coast Guard names Straits of Mackinac “no anchor zone”
- Collins Park Water Treatment Plant upgrades on schedule
- Mystery of Lake Erie’s oldest shipwreck is solved
- Mackinac ferry owner: Why didn’t rough September weather shut Line 5?
- Land conservancies protect areas across state
- Female surf community growing on Great Lakes
- Great Lakes cargo down for U.S. ships
- DEC stocking thousands of threatened lake sturgeon in NY waters this month
- PFAS-tainted foam ‘getting worse’ in waters near former Wurtsmith base