The Mackinac Straits Raptor Watch hawk count set two records this year in tallying migrating birds in the Straits. The large tally is attributed to a delayed migration from bouts of poor flying conditions that stalled migration for many days. Read the full story by the Cheboygan Daily Tribune.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Democrat criticizes EPA over access to water summit
- No flooding this year, but Lake Ontario is still high
- Turtle recovery efforts slow and steady
- What happened to Northwest Flight 2501? Shipwreck hunters resume search
- Ship that landed on D-Day, then hauled autos, now a museum in Muskegon
- Chicago beaches open Friday, but is Lake Michigan clean enough to swim in?
- Asian carp managers issue action plan for 2018
- Scientists say mussels carpet Lake Michigan bottom
- Emergency order formally bans dropping anchor in Straits of Mackinac
- Judge says he may back away from Lake Erie algae lawsuit
- First petroleum shipments in a decade leave Port of Milwaukee this spring, raising concerns
- Scientists on the hunt for blood-sucking sea lampreys in metro Detroit