One year after winning its own battle against a waste disposal plant, the Hamilton, Ontario, City Council voted Tuesday to back the nearby town of Ingersoll in their quest to keep garbage from Toronto out of their watershed. Read the full story by CBC News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Democrat criticizes EPA over access to water summit
- No flooding this year, but Lake Ontario is still high
- Turtle recovery efforts slow and steady
- What happened to Northwest Flight 2501? Shipwreck hunters resume search
- Ship that landed on D-Day, then hauled autos, now a museum in Muskegon
- Chicago beaches open Friday, but is Lake Michigan clean enough to swim in?
- Asian carp managers issue action plan for 2018
- Scientists say mussels carpet Lake Michigan bottom
- Emergency order formally bans dropping anchor in Straits of Mackinac
- Judge says he may back away from Lake Erie algae lawsuit
- First petroleum shipments in a decade leave Port of Milwaukee this spring, raising concerns
- Scientists on the hunt for blood-sucking sea lampreys in metro Detroit