One year after winning its own battle against a waste disposal plant, the Hamilton, Ontario, City Council voted Tuesday to back the nearby town of Ingersoll in their quest to keep garbage from Toronto out of their watershed. Read the full story by CBC News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Funding awarded to help control Great Lakes runoff
- Evanston says Skokie has ‘no fundamental right to Lake Michigan water,’ moves to dismiss federal lawsuit
- Indiana Dunes National Park advocates undeterred by Trump administration opposition
- Pre-hearing conference set for challenge to Great Lakes water diversion for Foxconn
- 18 Mile Creek residents call on EPA for health study
- Can the Great Lakes continue to fend off an increasingly thirsty world?
- Drinking water monitoring network returns to action
- Port Huron Float Down’s storied history
- Great Lakes shipping on par with 2017
- Cargo traffic through seaway up this year
- Norgoma volunteers implore City Council to save their ship
- Your takeout meal might be harming the Great Lakes