This year’s Port Huron to Mackinac Island sailboat race on Lake Huron started on Saturday under light winds, and conditions did not pick up for the sailors. Most years the first boats finish on Sunday, but this year the first two finishers did not arrive until Monday morning. Read the full story by the Associated Press.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- 60,000 tons of dangerous radioactive waste sits on Great Lakes’ shores
- Ann Arbor designing new system to remove parasite in city’s water
- Gale warning and small craft advisory in effect for Lake Huron
- Cordray outlines clean waterways policy during Lake Erie visit
- International cargoes on Great Lakes up 4.1 percent
- Hoosiers protest Ohio mayor’s plan to sell water from their aquifer
- Michigan natural resource program raises salmon, sells surplus
- Water contamination bill stalls in Harrisburg
- Some fire departments have firefighting foam containing PFAS
- Teen scientists went looking for meteorites in the Great Lakes. They found another type of alien.
- Kaptur visits demonstration farm addressing runoff pollution
- New breakwater for Park Avenue boat launch could exceed $1.3 million