The Port Colborne Marine Auxiliary Rescue (POCOMAR) formed in 1988 to lend a helping hand to the Canadian Coast Guard. Read the full story by The Standard.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- NOAA says algae season over for the region
- Minnesota has fought PFAS for years. Here’s how its plan can help Michigan.
- Stand-up paddling growing sport in Lake Erie
- Wilson Foundation helping remake parks in Detroit, Buffalo
- Largemouth bass virus implicated in fish kill
- Why hasn’t Michigan set PFAS limits for drinking water yet?
- Restocking wolves on Isle Royale raises questions about which species get rescued
- Great Lakes advocates fight for last straw
- Lake sturgeon stocking doubles
- Water stewards concerned over impact of bombing on Line 5
- What happens when humans fall in love with an invasive species
- Algae is ugly: Why Lake Erie anglers avoid harmful algal blooms