September 10th marks the 205th anniversary of the Battle of Lake Erie and the 30th anniversary of the launch of the replicated Flagship Niagara. The Erie Maritime Museum and the Flagship Niagara League took time out Monday to commemorate the battle by having a ceremony outside of the maritime museum. Read the full story by YourErie.com.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- U.S. Coast Guard Station Niagara getting community help during shutdown
- See the Soo Locks drained of 73 million gallons of water
- ‘Ice canoes,’ volcano-like snow and ice piles, form along Lake Michigan
- Lake Erie shoreline erosion under investigation
- The cold truth about ice safety
- Will new Illinois governor revive state’s interest in the Great Lakes?
- Groups appeal PolyMet’s air and water permits
- EDITORIAL: Keep dredge help coming
- Citizen scientist initiative launches
- U.S. Great Lakes freighters carry 84 million tons of cargo in 2018
- IDEM orders U.S. Steel to begin quarterly groundwater testing in Portage
- Whitmer: Flint needs bottled water until pipes replaced