Fisheries biologist Don Einhouse retired recently after 37 on New York’s Department of Environmental Conservation. His efforts were focused on Lake Erie, the body of water he used to fish growing up. Read the full story by the Buffalo News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- NOAA says algae season over for the region
- Minnesota has fought PFAS for years. Here’s how its plan can help Michigan.
- Stand-up paddling growing sport in Lake Erie
- Wilson Foundation helping remake parks in Detroit, Buffalo
- Largemouth bass virus implicated in fish kill
- Why hasn’t Michigan set PFAS limits for drinking water yet?
- Restocking wolves on Isle Royale raises questions about which species get rescued
- Great Lakes advocates fight for last straw
- Lake sturgeon stocking doubles
- Water stewards concerned over impact of bombing on Line 5
- What happens when humans fall in love with an invasive species
- Algae is ugly: Why Lake Erie anglers avoid harmful algal blooms