The Ohio EPA wants to find productive uses for dredged material from Lake Erie through beach replenishment, habitat restoration, landscaping, road construction, land reclamation, landfill cover and manufacture of products such as concrete, brick, block and topsoil. Read the full story by The Plain Dealer.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Half the trees in Michigan cities could be killed
- Oscoda Township meeting updates resident on PFAS clean-up
- Mineral oil released at Bruce Power contained
- Sault secures $20M BUILD grant
- Lamprey pie, anyone? Which aquatic invasive species can you eat?
- Great Lakes Fishery Commission rep says Asian carp plan needs to go forward
- Trump signs bill with invasive species provisions for Great Lakes
- Great Lakes Compact Council approves changes to rules guiding water diversions
- ‘Carp cowboys’ round up invasive Asian carp as Illinois, federal officials debate costly measures to protect Lake Michigan
- Michigan Senate approves Line 5 tunnel plan
- Climate collaborative brings groups together to talk climate change
- Acclaimed underwater photographer to shoot 1928 shipwreck site