Despite Davis Helberg having retired from the port authority in 2003, the imprint he left in his hometown of Esko, MN and the region, through storytelling and achievement in industry was cemented long before he left. Read the full story by the Duluth News Tribune.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- The historical pollution of the Huron-to-Erie corridor: The ‘60s
- Condition analysis stirs new hope for Norisle
- DNR considering We energies proposal to increase mercury limits released into Lake Michigan
- Will tench be the next Great Lakes invasive species problem?
- EPA’s new PFAS plan promises drinking water limits but lacks detail
- After Republican lawmakers killed Gretchen Whitmer’s environmental shakeup, what’s next?
- OPINION: Lake Erie’s problems are now Gov. Mike DeWine’s to tackle
- EDITORIAL: Freshwater parity
- The Great Lakes State is getting saltier – it matters when it comes to your drinking water
- Niagara’s History Unveiled: Swimmers of Lake Ontario
- Thunder Bay Field Naturalists buy land on Lake Superior island
- Huge water project for Foxconn continues