The Great Lakes Islands Alliance was formed in late 2017 to celebrate the uniqueness of the 32,000 islands located in the Great Lakes, and to address some of their common challenges. Read the full story by the Manitoulin Expositor.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Funding to save a species at risk
- Digital signs may be added to Cuyahoga River to warn of freighters
- Indiana Dunes: Everything you need to know about Indiana’s first national park
- Coal dock work on hiatus
- Longest-serving keeper at Split Rock Lighthouse retires
- Good Question: What happened to the fast ferry terminal in Toronto?
- Fighting pollution: Toledo residents want personhood status for Lake Erie
- Great Lakes shipwreck killed 300: A Wisconsin Civil War story
- When the shoreline erodes, Lake Michigan homeowners have concerns, and some options
- Coast Guard photos show Great Lakes freighter damaged by fire
- The saga and legend of the Great Lakes first American lighthouse – – Part #1
- Feds create Indiana’s first national park on dunes of Lake Michigan shore