Environmental groups are demanding that Minnesota suspend permits for the PolyMet mine project in order to prevent pollution from entering the St. Louis River and Lake Superior downstream. Read the full story by KMSP-TV – St. Paul, MN.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Funding to save a species at risk
- Digital signs may be added to Cuyahoga River to warn of freighters
- Indiana Dunes: Everything you need to know about Indiana’s first national park
- Coal dock work on hiatus
- Longest-serving keeper at Split Rock Lighthouse retires
- Good Question: What happened to the fast ferry terminal in Toronto?
- Fighting pollution: Toledo residents want personhood status for Lake Erie
- Great Lakes shipwreck killed 300: A Wisconsin Civil War story
- When the shoreline erodes, Lake Michigan homeowners have concerns, and some options
- Coast Guard photos show Great Lakes freighter damaged by fire
- The saga and legend of the Great Lakes first American lighthouse – – Part #1
- Feds create Indiana’s first national park on dunes of Lake Michigan shore