Sixty years after the S.S. Carl D. Bradley went down in Lake Michigan, survivor Frank Mays vividly remembers the night of the shipwreck. He will speak at an anniversary event hosted by the Great Lakes Lore Maritime Museum in Rogers City, Michigan. Read the full story by the Alpena News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Soo Locks refilled with 73M gallons of water, Coast Guard cutters sent to break ice in Lake Superior
- Trump budget would end ban on dumping dredged materials in Lake Erie
- Frozen Lake Michigan thaws into otherworldly blue ice shards
- NPS releases revised environmental assessment, use of personal watercraft at Pictured Rocks
- Huge swathe of pristine Huron island protected
- Lake Huron property owners not happy about erosion
- ‘Elephant in the room’ left out in Line 3 environmental impact statement, appellants say
- Duluth as a destination for climate refugees?
- Deadly fish virus returns to northern Michigan hatchery
- Superior advances project to clean up contamination in Howards Bay
- How salmon were introduced to the Great Lakes
- Great Lakes Basin warming faster than other parts of country, new study finds