Michigan’s Republican-led Senate on Wednesday approved legislation designed to facilitate a deal between the state and Enbridge Inc. to move a controversial oil and propane pipeline into a planned tunnel under the Straits of Mackinac. Read the full story by the Detroit News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Canadian Coast Guards ‘looking for new recruits’ in video showing ice breaking process in Thunder Bay, Ont.
- EDITORIAL: Sturgeon River land should be preserved as green space
- Port Milwaukee expects strong start to shipping season
- Study: Climate change distressing fish in Ontario Lakes
- Water walk along North Shore shines light on conservation and stewardship
- Documentary showcases revival of Michigan’s River Raisin
- Clean up of toxic sites is expensive
- Dingell named co-chair of Great Lakes Task Force
- Lake Erie environmental programs may get funding boost
- Soo Locks’ first ship of 2019 is Great Lakes’ first 1,000-foot freighter
- ‘Do not eat’ advisory extended for fish from Huron River within Oakland, Washtenaw counties
- Residents worry ‘water war’ looms as regulators consider plan to tap Michindoh Aquifer