President Donald Trump signed a new law that will create national new ballast water rules to protect the Great Lakes from invasive species. The law also creates a new EPA invasive species Great Lakes monitoring program. Read the full story by the Sandusky Register.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- U.S. Supreme Court may decide public’s access to Great Lakes’ shorelines
- OPINION: Let’s not let property owners kill Great Lakes beach-walking tradition
- Fish eggs are suffocating in Lake Michigan reefs. What will it take to save these nurseries?
- Government shutdown could delay S.S. Badger season, Manitowoc Mayor Justin Nickels says
- DeWine named vice chair of regional Great Lakes panel
- Great Lakes Cruising Club encourages exploration
- COMMENTARY: State must stand strong on PFAS water standards
- EDITORIAL: Authorize plan, end threat of Asian carp to Lake Erie
- ‘Crucial’ piece of Line 5 spill response offline due to federal shutdown
- New state bill would limit PFAS levels to 5 parts per trillion in public drinking water
- Phase 1 of Metroparks Toledo waterfront plan has commitment of $7.9M
- Commerce Township, Farmington Hills, Walled Lake residents may see discolored tap water