Indigenous fishermen in Ontario’s Bruce Peninsula are unable to support themselves through fishing due to drastic declines in fish population. These fishermen are now teaming up to collect data about the changing environment to document these losses and improve the ecosystem. Read the full story by the Modern Farmer.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Why isn’t Isle Royale a part of Minnesota?
- Ruling: Residents’ EPA suit in Flint crisis can move forward
- PENNVEST to loan $12 million to North East for improving wastewater treatment
- Protecting Lake Erie from Asian carp
- Lucas Co. sues EPA over Lake Erie water quality
- Zero sewage overflows by 2035 will require citizen engagement
- Plan aims to improve Lake Ontario water quality
- Thawing ice allows re-deploying of Great Lakes data buoys
- Shattered glass ‘deliberately’ spread along Lake Michigan beach, National Park Service says
- Iroquois Dam gates closed temporarily for recreational boaters
- Cruising from Montreal to Georgian Bay
- Black River Canal dredging begins in Port Huron