Materials dredged from the harbor in Erie, Pennsylvania, could one day fertilize farmland or provide habitat for fish and wildlife. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo District, is considering new uses for what’s dredged from Presque Isle Bay. Read the full story by the Erie Times-News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Soo Locks refilled with 73M gallons of water, Coast Guard cutters sent to break ice in Lake Superior
- Trump budget would end ban on dumping dredged materials in Lake Erie
- Frozen Lake Michigan thaws into otherworldly blue ice shards
- NPS releases revised environmental assessment, use of personal watercraft at Pictured Rocks
- Huge swathe of pristine Huron island protected
- Lake Huron property owners not happy about erosion
- ‘Elephant in the room’ left out in Line 3 environmental impact statement, appellants say
- Duluth as a destination for climate refugees?
- Deadly fish virus returns to northern Michigan hatchery
- Superior advances project to clean up contamination in Howards Bay
- How salmon were introduced to the Great Lakes
- Great Lakes Basin warming faster than other parts of country, new study finds