The Michigan state House voted 58-51 on Wednesday to reject a sweeping environmental executive order signed Monday by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, in a move Whitmer denounced as an irresponsible vote against clean drinking water. Read the fully story by the Detroit Free Press.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Thawing ice allows re-deploying of Great Lakes data buoys
- Lucas Co. sues EPA over Lake Erie water quality
- Straits of Mackinac are a bird of prey superhighway
- Connecting Milwaukee’s neighborhoods to its waterfront with public art — and a 350-foot beacon at Jones Island
- Why isn’t Isle Royale a part of Minnesota?
- Ruling: Residents’ EPA suit in Flint crisis can move forward
- PENNVEST to loan $12 million to North East for improving wastewater treatment
- Protecting Lake Erie from Asian carp
- Zero sewage overflows by 2035 will require citizen engagement
- Plan aims to improve Lake Ontario water quality
- Shattered glass ‘deliberately’ spread along Lake Michigan beach, National Park Service says
- Iroquois Dam gates closed temporarily for recreational boaters