The horn on the American Spirit ship blew for an hour straight Tuesday night as it was docked in Superior, Wisconsin. People across the Twin Ports reported they could hear the horn, from at least Superior’s East End as far as the Lakeside neighborhood in Duluth, Minnesota. Read the full story by WDIO-TV – Superior, WI.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- PENNVEST to loan $12 million to North East for improving wastewater treatment
- Protecting Lake Erie from Asian carp
- Lucas Co. sues EPA over Lake Erie water quality
- Zero sewage overflows by 2035 will require citizen engagement
- Plan aims to improve Lake Ontario water quality
- Thawing ice allows re-deploying of Great Lakes data buoys
- Shattered glass ‘deliberately’ spread along Lake Michigan beach, National Park Service says
- Iroquois Dam gates closed temporarily for recreational boaters
- Cruising from Montreal to Georgian Bay
- Black River Canal dredging begins in Port Huron
- Day trips planned for White Shoal, Lake Michigan’s most remote lighthouse
- Will crews be removing the ice boom anytime soon?