While inland lakes and bayous are frozen solid and see plenty of foot traffic from fishermen and others, the ice over Lake Michigan and the Grand River seldom freezes solid due to moving water underneath it. Read the full story by the Holland Sentinel.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Protecting Lake Erie from Asian carp
- Lucas Co. sues EPA over Lake Erie water quality
- Zero sewage overflows by 2035 will require citizen engagement
- Plan aims to improve Lake Ontario water quality
- Thawing ice allows re-deploying of Great Lakes data buoys
- Shattered glass ‘deliberately’ spread along Lake Michigan beach, National Park Service says
- Iroquois Dam gates closed temporarily for recreational boaters
- Cruising from Montreal to Georgian Bay
- Black River Canal dredging begins in Port Huron
- Day trips planned for White Shoal, Lake Michigan’s most remote lighthouse
- Will crews be removing the ice boom anytime soon?
- Get ready for another spectacular fishing year on Lake Erie