Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers is expected to request $70 million in state funds to combat water pollution and replace lead pipes in his first state budget proposal later this month. Read the full story by the Associated Press.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Shattered glass ‘deliberately’ spread along Lake Michigan beach, National Park Service says
- Iroquois Dam gates closed temporarily for recreational boaters
- Cruising from Montreal to Georgian Bay
- Black River Canal dredging begins in Port Huron
- Day trips planned for White Shoal, Lake Michigan’s most remote lighthouse
- Will crews be removing the ice boom anytime soon?
- Get ready for another spectacular fishing year on Lake Erie
- Ypsilanti leaders weigh fate of Peninsular Paper Dam
- Public comment period open on proposal to make parts of Lake Ontario a marine sanctuary
- Michigan’s governor blocked an oil tunnel in the Great Lakes — but says she’s still open to it
- Whitmer reopens talks with Enbridge; revised Line 5 tunnel deal an option
- Can hungry wolf immigrants save Isle Royale forests?