President Trump’s newly released budget calls for spending $75.3 million toward construction of a new Great Lakes shipping lock in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is proposing a second full-size lock for the complex at Sault Ste. Marie. Read the full story by The Associated Press.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Feds approve plan to help block Asian carp from Great Lakes
- Otsego County gets state grant for polluted site reuse
- U.S. Brig Niagara is symbol of Battle of Lake Erie: tall ships Cleveland countdown week 7
- Government proposes Sandhill crane research
- Is Plan 2014 getting a bad rap for Lake Ontario flooding?
- State court revives class-action suit over Chicago’s lead water pipes
- Detroit River enjoys a longer walleye run
- Great Lakes hit record levels after winter snows, heavy rains
- Ex-wastewater treatment official admits to allowing solid sewage into Lake Ontario
- PFAS found in drinking water wells near Hartford
- PFAS-related health warnings set to limit summer fun on 18 Michigan waterways
- Smith: DNR seeking input for Lake Michigan stocking plan