A Speaker Series examining the Lake Huron coastal environment is set to take place in Southampton, Ontario, with talks covering different aspects of the ecosystem including islands, fishing, climate change, alvars and the Coastal Conservation Action Plan. Read the full story by Bayshore Broadcasting.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Thawing ice allows re-deploying of Great Lakes data buoys
- Lucas Co. sues EPA over Lake Erie water quality
- Straits of Mackinac are a bird of prey superhighway
- Connecting Milwaukee’s neighborhoods to its waterfront with public art — and a 350-foot beacon at Jones Island
- Why isn’t Isle Royale a part of Minnesota?
- Ruling: Residents’ EPA suit in Flint crisis can move forward
- PENNVEST to loan $12 million to North East for improving wastewater treatment
- Protecting Lake Erie from Asian carp
- Zero sewage overflows by 2035 will require citizen engagement
- Plan aims to improve Lake Ontario water quality
- Shattered glass ‘deliberately’ spread along Lake Michigan beach, National Park Service says
- Iroquois Dam gates closed temporarily for recreational boaters