Ohio Governor Mike DeWine’s $900 million fund for Lake Erie must also include efforts to reduce pollution originating from the Maumee river watershed and address the political interests impeding this work. Read the full story by The Plain Dealer.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Thawing ice allows re-deploying of Great Lakes data buoys
- Lucas Co. sues EPA over Lake Erie water quality
- Straits of Mackinac are a bird of prey superhighway
- Connecting Milwaukee’s neighborhoods to its waterfront with public art — and a 350-foot beacon at Jones Island
- Why isn’t Isle Royale a part of Minnesota?
- Ruling: Residents’ EPA suit in Flint crisis can move forward
- PENNVEST to loan $12 million to North East for improving wastewater treatment
- Protecting Lake Erie from Asian carp
- Zero sewage overflows by 2035 will require citizen engagement
- Plan aims to improve Lake Ontario water quality
- Shattered glass ‘deliberately’ spread along Lake Michigan beach, National Park Service says
- Iroquois Dam gates closed temporarily for recreational boaters