For the first time in over 35 years, a U.S.-flagged Great Lakes bulk carrier will be built on the Great Lakes, according to Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding. The ship will be built in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Read the full story by the Green Bay Press Gazette.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Feds approve plan to help block Asian carp from Great Lakes
- Otsego County gets state grant for polluted site reuse
- U.S. Brig Niagara is symbol of Battle of Lake Erie: tall ships Cleveland countdown week 7
- Government proposes Sandhill crane research
- Is Plan 2014 getting a bad rap for Lake Ontario flooding?
- State court revives class-action suit over Chicago’s lead water pipes
- Detroit River enjoys a longer walleye run
- Great Lakes hit record levels after winter snows, heavy rains
- Ex-wastewater treatment official admits to allowing solid sewage into Lake Ontario
- PFAS found in drinking water wells near Hartford
- PFAS-related health warnings set to limit summer fun on 18 Michigan waterways
- Smith: DNR seeking input for Lake Michigan stocking plan