Many residents experiencing flooding around Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River are venting their frustrations by invoking an obscure agency – the International Joint Commission, or IJC. Read and listen to the full story by North Country Public Radio.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Lakeshore Natural Resource Partnership to host workshops on invasive Phragmites
- Q&A: What happens if state shuts down Line 5 oil pipeline
- NY Sen. Schumer: fix Lake Ontario infrastructure
- How did Lake Ontario flooding get so out of hand?
- 18,000 pieces of balloon waste were found in Great Lakes: Why it’s a danger
- Great Lakes shipping on pace with 2018
- Great Lakes leaders set up meeting on Asian carp
- Overflowing Great Lakes pose new threat for endangered bird
- Summer talks to explore science of Lake Erie
- Algal blooms make water unsafe for dogs at Lake Erie beaches
- State lawmakers seek to “ban the plastic-bag bans” in Ohio
- Environmentalists push for plastic tampon applicators to be included in federal plastics ban