Enbridge Inc. said it will go to court after failing to strike a deal with Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on building an oil pipeline tunnel beneath the channel that connects Lakes Huron and Michigan. Read the full story by Associated Press.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Governor DeWine: Plan to clean Lake Erie will work, take time
- Minnesota attorney general joins Michigan suit to shut down Enbridge pipeline
- Lake Ontario outflow managers maintain leeway to seek lower water levels
- Deja Vu: Will threat of westward water trains prompt action by Great Lakes governors?
- COMMENTARY: A strong Clean Water Act keeps our drinking glasses full, our fish safe to eat and our beaches open
- E2 report: Investing in water infrastructure can boost economy, jobs, improve health
- Authorities want Lake Michigan pavilion closed after high water breaches dune
- This tiny Michigan island once had its own king
- Toronto’s Scarborough Bluffs are getting a huge makeover starting now
- State flags more than 500 new streams, lakes for failure to meet water quality standards
- These prehistoric sea scorpions might rival the Petoskey stone for Michigan’s coolest fossil
- Study finds water, sewer services cost day’s wages for low-income families