Commercial fishermen are removing thousands of Asian carp from Lake Decatur dam, Decatur, Illinois, using a net that stretches 800 yards to scoop up the non-native species. Read full story by the Herald & Review.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Film crew to record Pere Marquette beach clean-up
- Enbridge moves forward with risk-mitigation measures amid tunnel project prep, litigation
- Erie Canal trip ‘from Albany to Buffalo’ became a song. Could it also become history?
- Harmful algal blooms showing up in northern Michigan lakes
- Waves, wind batter Lake Michigan coast, erode properties
- Lake Michigan is more blue than it was 20 years ago, researchers say
- Master’s student, others try to curb balloon debris in the Great Lakes, elsewhere
- Great Lakes love, outdoor tours take spotlight at U.P.’s Fresh Coast Film Festival
- William A. Irvin museum ship is back in its Duluth slip
- Michigan receives over $9 million in federal funding to clean contaminated lakes
- Indiana Supreme Court clears way for Lake Station water system sale
- Chicago, Surfrider demand environmental officials step up oversight, enforcement in NWI