A new nonprofit is training citizen scientists to collect data on fish in the Great Lakes, which could be a game changer for research in the region and help prevent the establishment of invasive species. Read the full story by Interlochen Public Radio.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Study links Asian carp with Mississippi River fish drop
- EDITORIAL: Asian carp study underscores dangers
- Enbridge completes rock sampling within Straits for Line 5 tunnel
- MPP Smith backs call for local representation at IJC table to address high water concerns
- Kewaunee’s Harbor Master Plan in place for redeveloping waterfront. What comes next?
- On Detroit River, humans lead nature’s rebirth
- Grant announced for Sandusky Bay wetland
- Plastic debris along lakeshore worries community
- Harbor Beach council considering water agreement with Port Sanilac
- Wayne supervisors to discuss shoreline projects
- Lake Huron to see more Atlantic salmon stocked next year
- Fish can hear boat noises and their ears are in trouble