Board members from the Essex Region Conservation Area (ERCA) expressed concern for programs that mitigate flood damage and land erosion, protect the Great Lakes and improve drinking water quality. Members are uncertain whether these programs will continue to exist for 2020 due to Ontario provincial cuts that could total $500,000. Read the full story by the Windsor Star.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Study links Asian carp with Mississippi River fish drop
- EDITORIAL: Asian carp study underscores dangers
- Enbridge completes rock sampling within Straits for Line 5 tunnel
- MPP Smith backs call for local representation at IJC table to address high water concerns
- Kewaunee’s Harbor Master Plan in place for redeveloping waterfront. What comes next?
- On Detroit River, humans lead nature’s rebirth
- Grant announced for Sandusky Bay wetland
- Plastic debris along lakeshore worries community
- Harbor Beach council considering water agreement with Port Sanilac
- Wayne supervisors to discuss shoreline projects
- Lake Huron to see more Atlantic salmon stocked next year
- Fish can hear boat noises and their ears are in trouble