A winter storm churned up dangerous waves on Lake Michigan this weekend. But on Sunday once the storm had moved out and the waves were tamer, some found fit to go surfing. Read and view the full story by CBS 2 TV, Chicago.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- State to test soil along river near Midland’s Dow Superfund site Thursday
- Restrictions expanded near former Wurtsmith air base after PFAS found in most wildlife
- Historic lighthouse in Straits of Mackinac awarded $60K grant for repairs, restoration
- Wildlife has returned to the empty Chicago lakefront. It’s a bit like an Eden.
- Historical marker highlights significance of steel to Northwest Indiana
- This ambitious plan to clean Milwaukee’s rivers could make them swimmable
- Lake Erie harmful algal bloom is expected to be smaller and less severe in 2020
- Uncertain summer looms for Presque Isle, Erie tourism
- EDITORIAL: Another misguided vote to keep Ohio’s energy dirty
- Duluth City Council approves $10 million Lakewalk funding despite budget woes
- Fixing the food web: Cisco reintroduction to the Great Lakes could have enormous ripple effect
- EDITORIAL: The lake is Toledo’s to fight for