Once an existential threat to the Great Lakes ecosystem, sea lamprey populations have been effectively controlled through the Sea Lamprey Control Program run by the Great Lakes Fishery Commission. Read the full story by CBC News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Enbridge: Line 5 replacement work completed under St. Clair River in Marysville
- Lake Superior’s current warm-up less dramatic than other Great Lakes
- Month-long ceremonial canoe journey a reminder of treaty responsibility to land and water
- Sand dunes delivered to campus for hands-on learning during pandemic
- Last gasp for Lake Erie Bill of Rights? Arguments aired via Zoom
- DEC, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers team for innovative algal bloom study on western NY lake
- Will Hamilton end up in court over Sewergate?
- Asian carp operation in East Peoria aims to help reduce population in Illinois River
- Indiana Dunes Tourism launches video contest to encourage mask wearing
- First waterspout outbreak of 2020 hits the Great Lakes
- Judge extends negotiations over Great Lakes fishing rights
- Sandusky Bay algal bloom a no-show so far