The Great Lakes shipping industry has been hit by high water levels that delayed shipping and fluctuating demands for shipments as the coronavirus shuts down the economy. While demand for shipping wheat and grain products have been strong, iron ore shipments for manufacturing have contracted, placing the industry in flux. Read the full story by WorkBoat.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Enbridge: Line 5 replacement work completed under St. Clair River in Marysville
- Lake Superior’s current warm-up less dramatic than other Great Lakes
- Month-long ceremonial canoe journey a reminder of treaty responsibility to land and water
- Sand dunes delivered to campus for hands-on learning during pandemic
- Last gasp for Lake Erie Bill of Rights? Arguments aired via Zoom
- DEC, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers team for innovative algal bloom study on western NY lake
- Will Hamilton end up in court over Sewergate?
- Asian carp operation in East Peoria aims to help reduce population in Illinois River
- Indiana Dunes Tourism launches video contest to encourage mask wearing
- First waterspout outbreak of 2020 hits the Great Lakes
- Judge extends negotiations over Great Lakes fishing rights
- Sandusky Bay algal bloom a no-show so far