Citing threats to the climate as well as the land, water and residents, dozens of people urged environmental regulators to prevent a Canadian company from rerouting an oil pipeline through northern Wisconsin. Read the full story by Wisconsin State Journal.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- House passes bill to fund Great Lakes projects and numerous federal departments
- Researchers track Great Lakes fish through acoustic telemetry
- Judge extends negotiations over Great Lakes fishing rights
- Lake Michigan salmon/trout: Lakewide study reveals some of the changes in the diet; more to come
- Officials monitoring Chambly Basin after invasive grass carp is reeled in
- Elk skull with antlers found in Fenton-area lake is 220 years old and likely from an extinct subspecies
- Groups hope NY rules get pollutants out of drinking water
- State to hire 3rd inspector for dam safety program
- Webinar scheduled on permit process for oil pipeline tunnel
- Toxic algae blooms in Great Lakes pose threat to beachgoers
- Review underway: Will IJC’s efforts be enough for flooded shoreline municipalities?
- Ruling forthcoming in landmark Lake Erie algae case