In what might be the last hope to keep the invalidated Lake Erie Bill of Rights alive, Toledo activist Mike Ferner implored Ohio’s Sixth District Court of Appeals to think outside the box and be brave enough to put the world’s 11th largest freshwater lake first. Read the full story by the Toledo Blade.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- A look at binational scientific research on the Great Lakes
- Points North: The elaborate plan to keep invasive carp from the Great Lakes
- Lake Superior port had record-setting year for wind cargo in 2020
- Specific North Country locations to be dredged to improve St. Lawrence River, Lake Ontario resiliency
- DNR urges anglers to limit meals of smelt caught in Lake Superior due to PFAS contamination
- Pandemic interrupts longtime Isle Royale wolf, moose study
- Pennsylvania company slammed for illegal discharges
- Minnesota lawmakers introduce anti-copper mining legislation
- Climate change clear driver of Lake Huron’s high water, long-term forecast uncertain
- Michigan cities must begin replacing lead pipes. But who has the cash?
- Applications open for #TeamUp for the Great Lakes Bay Region
- Research: Northern lakes at risk of losing ice cover permanently, impacting drinking water