City communications director Matthew Grant said councillors are expected to hear a confidential update Monday on “the subject of potential charges” regarding a 24 billion-litre sewage spill into Chedoke Creek. Read the full story by the Hamilton Spectator.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- A look at binational scientific research on the Great Lakes
- Points North: The elaborate plan to keep invasive carp from the Great Lakes
- Lake Superior port had record-setting year for wind cargo in 2020
- Specific North Country locations to be dredged to improve St. Lawrence River, Lake Ontario resiliency
- DNR urges anglers to limit meals of smelt caught in Lake Superior due to PFAS contamination
- Pandemic interrupts longtime Isle Royale wolf, moose study
- Pennsylvania company slammed for illegal discharges
- Minnesota lawmakers introduce anti-copper mining legislation
- Climate change clear driver of Lake Huron’s high water, long-term forecast uncertain
- Michigan cities must begin replacing lead pipes. But who has the cash?
- Applications open for #TeamUp for the Great Lakes Bay Region
- Research: Northern lakes at risk of losing ice cover permanently, impacting drinking water