In a step to improve accessibility and further enhance a crown jewel of Michigan State Parks, Friends of Ludington State Park is raising funds to purchase and install a universal access kayak launch at the Hamlin Lake beach. Read the full story by Ludington Daily News.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Local field naturalists travel from sky to sea Thursday
- Great Lakes steel production shoots up by 20,000 tons, still lags last year
- Pandemic interrupts longtime Isle Royale wolf, moose study
- World’s largest lakes reveal data about climate change
- Invasive species management group to study effects of May’s floods along Tittabawassee River
- Bubbly Creek restoration is cleared for takeoff — once the funds are secured
- Global pandemic doesn’t stop water quality research
- Presque Isle State Park to receive $3 million for sand replenishment in 2021
- Black River AOC checks another issue off list
- Little to no ice on the Great Lakes in late January?!
- Asian carp gauntlet project ‘off to the races’ with Army Corps funding
- Efforts to save Waugoshance light abandoned as structure crumbles into Lake Michigan