With warmer weather in the forecast for the foreseeable future, the United States Coast Guard issued a warning on Thursday afternoon for the public to use caution when it comes to ice conditions on the Great Lakes. Read the full story by Soo Today.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Flooding on Lake Ontario & St. Lawrence River not likely this year
- New lakefront special improvement district could lead to new Lake Erie trails following innovative Euclid example
- Muskrats love fluctuating water levels. Property owners, not so much.
- COMMENTARY: Give wind turbines a chance to work in Lake Erie
- Shedd Aquarium volunteers clean up Montrose Beach for return of piping plovers
- Lake Erie yellow perch suffer population crash, causing state to impose stricter catch limits
- COMMENTARY: Return of Milwaukee River sturgeon a hopeful milestone
- Concerns about Georgian Bay high water levels keep coming to council in waves
- COMMENTARY: Voluntary measures by farmers not enough to prevent harm to Lake Erie water quality
- Green Bay is home to the world’s largest freshwater estuary. It’s in the running to be a National Research Reserve.
- Electric currents, underwater speakers scare up invasive Asian carp in Mississippi River near La Crosse
- High-capacity wells are reducing lake levels in Wisconsin’s Central Sands region, a new study finds