Due to a crash in perch population, the Great Lakes Fisheries Commission has this year slashed commercial harvest in Lake Erie’s Central basin by 70% and by 20% in the Eastern basin. The state of Ohio also cut sport angler limits by two-thirds from 30 fish to 10 between the Huron River and Fairport Harbor, leaving a lot of people angry. Read the full story by WKYC-TV – Cleveland, OH.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Study: Folk songs preserve memories of Great Lakes shipwrecks
- How can farmers help protect Wisconsin waters? Some in Fond du Lac, Outagamie counties are experimenting
- Wisconsin doesn’t have full information on algae blooms in its 15,000 lakes, though algae can make humans and pets extremely ill
- What happens if the Line 5 pipeline shuts down?
- Evolving Presque Isle: The peninsula transformed from an island, and back, many times
- EDITORIAL: Should lakefront property owners have to grant public waterfront access for erosion-control loans?
- ‘We now have a seat at the table:’ Michigan tribes embrace new Interior secretary
- RiverSweep event draws hundreds of volunteers to help keep Cuyahoga River clean
- Enbridge to keep Great Lakes pipeline running, defy looming Michigan shutdown order
- Gov. Cuomo announced groundbreaking for 2 projects in Greece
- Whitmer signs bill for $37.8 million worth of park expansion and improvement projects
- Lighthouse restoration begins on Plum Island