A bipartisan bill to enhance wildlife protection was introduced in Congress this week. The Recovering America’s Wildlife Act would provide states, territories and tribes with $1.4 billion annually to protect important species and their associated habitats, and directs the money towards Wildlife Action Plans used by conservation agencies. Read the full story by Great Lakes Echo.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Michigan’s indigenous tribes ramp up efforts to shut down oil pipeline through sacred waters
- Great Lakes monitors slow the flow; will explain in virtual meetings this week
- ‘We’re hoping to do more,’ port exec says about unusual Twin Ports export
- NY finishes $2.7M project to prevent flooding on West Bay Road in Cayuga County
- Rare birds return to Lake Erie shoreline
- Looking back: Happy 150th, Sodus Bay Lighthouse!
- U.S.C.G. international training focuses on teamwork
- Discovery of French ship Le Griffon in Great Lakes prompts Michigan couple to publish book of their discovery
- Great Lakes piping plover couple has another egg after 4 eaten by skunk at Chicago Montrose Beach
- NYS hears public feedback about developing wind energy off the Great Lakes
- Central Michigan University receives $10 million grant to continue Great Lakes wetlands research
- Cullen Park wetlands project faces local opposition