Tens of millions of fish from the Great Lakes are caught annually and most of them meet the same culinary fate becoming fried filets. However, groups and individuals around the region have recently been working on projects aiming to encourage this culinary path and expand the scope of Great Lakes fish and wild game consumption. Read the full story by Great Lakes Now.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society discovers 3 shipwrecks near Grand Marais, Mich.
- Nuclear Question: Debate continues over long-term storage of nuclear waste in the Great Lakes
- Ports around Great Lakes on sidelines during shipping crisis
- Chicago is at risk as climate change causes wild swings in Lake Michigan water levels
- Invasive species ‘water lettuce’ discovered in Macomb Township
- Port of Toledo leaders looking into the feasibility of handling container cargo
- Thousands of hatchery fish lost after watermain break in Kincardine
- Final public workshop on resiliency planning for Lake Ontario shoreline communities
- Lakeshore flood threat still exists despite lower Great Lakes water levels
- Restoration of South Hennepin Marsh to enhance fish, wildlife habitat
- Toledo’s Glass City River Wall mural gains national attention
- ODNR chief tapped for post on Great Lakes Commission