A report published by University of Minnesota Duluth’s Bureau of Business and Economics revealing initial visits by cruise ships would have a small economic impact, but over time it could add 60 jobs annually and more than five million dollars in added spending throughout the city. Read the full story by KQDS-TV – Duluth, MN.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society discovers 3 shipwrecks near Grand Marais, Mich.
- Nuclear Question: Debate continues over long-term storage of nuclear waste in the Great Lakes
- Ports around Great Lakes on sidelines during shipping crisis
- Chicago is at risk as climate change causes wild swings in Lake Michigan water levels
- Invasive species ‘water lettuce’ discovered in Macomb Township
- Port of Toledo leaders looking into the feasibility of handling container cargo
- Thousands of hatchery fish lost after watermain break in Kincardine
- Final public workshop on resiliency planning for Lake Ontario shoreline communities
- Lakeshore flood threat still exists despite lower Great Lakes water levels
- Restoration of South Hennepin Marsh to enhance fish, wildlife habitat
- Toledo’s Glass City River Wall mural gains national attention
- ODNR chief tapped for post on Great Lakes Commission