Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers announced that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, in partnership with the state of Wisconsin, officially designated the Wisconsin Shipwreck Coast National Marine Sanctuary. This follows the close of a 45-day review period of continuous session of Congress that began on June 23, with the publishing of the final rule. Read the full story by WDJT-TV – Milwaukee, WI.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society discovers 3 shipwrecks near Grand Marais, Mich.
- Nuclear Question: Debate continues over long-term storage of nuclear waste in the Great Lakes
- Ports around Great Lakes on sidelines during shipping crisis
- Chicago is at risk as climate change causes wild swings in Lake Michigan water levels
- Invasive species ‘water lettuce’ discovered in Macomb Township
- Port of Toledo leaders looking into the feasibility of handling container cargo
- Thousands of hatchery fish lost after watermain break in Kincardine
- Final public workshop on resiliency planning for Lake Ontario shoreline communities
- Lakeshore flood threat still exists despite lower Great Lakes water levels
- Restoration of South Hennepin Marsh to enhance fish, wildlife habitat
- Toledo’s Glass City River Wall mural gains national attention
- ODNR chief tapped for post on Great Lakes Commission