Environmental and tribal advocates argued that Canada’s invocation of treaty rights to keep Line 5 open was a ploy to protect fossil fuel profits over Great Lakes protections, and a failure to immediately address the climate crisis with reduced greenhouse gas emissions. Read the full story by MLive.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society discovers 3 shipwrecks near Grand Marais, Mich.
- Nuclear Question: Debate continues over long-term storage of nuclear waste in the Great Lakes
- Ports around Great Lakes on sidelines during shipping crisis
- Chicago is at risk as climate change causes wild swings in Lake Michigan water levels
- Invasive species ‘water lettuce’ discovered in Macomb Township
- Port of Toledo leaders looking into the feasibility of handling container cargo
- Thousands of hatchery fish lost after watermain break in Kincardine
- Final public workshop on resiliency planning for Lake Ontario shoreline communities
- Lakeshore flood threat still exists despite lower Great Lakes water levels
- Restoration of South Hennepin Marsh to enhance fish, wildlife habitat
- Toledo’s Glass City River Wall mural gains national attention
- ODNR chief tapped for post on Great Lakes Commission