Fish caught in certain areas of Akwesasne should not be consumed, based on a warning from the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Environment Division in the state of New York. Read the full story by WWTI-TV – Watertown, NY.
Great Lakes Daily News
Latest Daily News
- Boil-water alert could last 2 weeks in some parts of southeast Michigan
- Endangered Great Lakes piping plovers have productive summer in Erie
- How did Shimmy the 2-footed turtle get from Lake Erie to Burlington?
- Chedoke Creek dredging operation to begin on Wednesday
- 2 remote-controlled Saildrones launched on Lake Superior to gather fish data
- State health dept. lifts no-contact recommendation after Huron River chemical spill
- Whole Body Contact’ advisory lifted for Sterling State Park; algae cyanobacteria has subsided
- Brand-new Great Lakes freighter coming into Port of Green Bay Sunday
- COMMENTARY: Toxic pollution in the Great Lakes remains a colossal problem
- Remeasuring ‘zero:’ Great Lakes datum survey in motion
- Sleeping Bear’s first captive-raised 2022 plover chick migrates to the coast
- Sea lamprey navigate North Shore rivers as reports of the invasive species increase in parts of Lake Superior